Thursday, June 21, 2007

Russian Books

I received these two books in the post this week, from the Russian publisher Eskmo: recently-published Russian copies of my novels Suzy, Led Zeppelin and Me, and The Good Fairies of New York. I was pleased to get them, particularly as they arrived in nice parcels of brown paper wrapped up with string, which you don't see so often these days, in the era of the padded envelope. Really, they sent me too many, which publishers sometimes do. I'm not sure what to do with six copies of each book in Russian.

I have some Russian copies of Thraxas too, and a Russian Milk, Sulphate and Alby Starvation. So I've sold quite a few books to Russia, over the years.

Yesterday a photographer arrived to take pictures for a piece in The Sunday Telegraph. I did an interview about Lonely Werewolf Girl which will run on the 8th July. That should help things along. The photo session was quite long, but stress-free. The photographer was a pleasant woman. I used to worry about being photographed, in case the pictures didn't look good. These days I'm fatalistic about it. I realise I'll never like any photographs of me, so I might as well just accept it.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:44 am

    Great book covers! And with the photo shoot, soon, I'm sure, you'll be in the Kate Moss league, though she's looking worringly skinny at the moment.

    At the moment I'm listening to 'Boys Are Back In Town' which I remember from your launch. It has the great line: "when I tell you she was cool, she was red hot I mean she was steaming". Beat that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always thought that was a notable line too. And 'Friday night they'll be dressed to kill, down at Dino's bar and grill...'

    ReplyDelete