Friday, July 27, 2007

Sore Neck

Am currently shuffling around with a sore neck, something to which I'm rather prone, due to tragic spine malformation. Well quite a small scoliosis actually, a bend in the spine, which is not that uncommon. But it does cause pain on occasions. Have decided there is no point getting shaved in the circumstances, or working, or doing anything, and will simply shuffle round looking stooped and unhealthy till it gets better. Of course, the personal charm and magnetism remain unaffected.

I finished the new Harry Potter book, which I liked. Also, realising it was some time since I'd read any Shakespeare, I took Henry V with me to the dentist, and read most of it on the bus.

Now set the teeth and stretch the nostril wide,
Hold hard the breath and bend up every spirit
To his full height.

Actually that didn't inspire me for the dentist very much. Nonetheless it's a great play, and stirring. Well, it's a great play to read, I don't think I've ever seen it on stage.

Meanwhile am pondering next story for Skin Two magazine. May have to call in volunteers to take part in incredible perversions, for research purposes.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:36 pm

    have you considered acupuncture for your sore neck?
    it has worked brilliantly for me.
    take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your neck feels better soon - if nothing else you need to buy the new Buffy comic which is out this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:40 pm

    Hope your neck improves soon. Engaging in incredible perversions must be difficult with a stoop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, bought Lonely Werewolf Girl on spec, loved it! Hope the sore neck wears off before full on beardiness hits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:51 pm

    hope your neck gets better. you have a willing volunteer in any perversions that may include you. ;) germaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't seem able to respond individualy to comments here, that's annoying. Anyway, thanks to everyone for the good wishes about my neck. It's improving.

    Hageltoast, I'm glad you liked Lonely Werewolf Girl. Germaine, an application form is on it's way to you for the 'incredible perversions' volunteering.

    Alex, I'm glad the new Buffy comic is finally here, I subscribe to it so it should be appearing through my door soon. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete