Friday, March 21, 2008

Fairies in Romania

The Good Fairies of New York was published this week in Romania, by Tritonic. Zinele Punkiste Din New York. I really like the cover. It's the first time I've been published in Romania. Once more, the publisher has used the introduction by Neil Gaiman, and this introduction has been a big help in getting the book published in various countries.

The publisher, Bugdan Hrib, and a Romanian journalist, Horia Ursu, are in Britain for the Eastercon. I met them in Crystal Palace and did a brief interview. Also, they bought me beer.

Once more being obliged to travel to Croydon - stupid agoraphobia therapy - I intended to march resolutely past the comic shop, without going in. Because I seem to have bought rather a lot of Japanese comics recently. But then I thought I might as well just take a quick look. Unfortunately, once inside, I discovered that they had a three-for-the-price-of-two offer on their manga. I was powerless to resist. Emerged some time later, weighed down with large bundle of new Japanese graphic novels. Felt some sense of shame at my weakness. Still, as everyone knows, when you hand over your credit card, you're not really spending any money.

Have secured new inflatable pillow, and plan to spend several days lying comfortably in the bath, reading manga.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect way to spend Easter! What is so wrong about that?
    And yes, credit card is fairy moneys, not the real hard cash stuff.
    No Eastercon for you, I suppose?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll prune if you read too many in the bath, you may have to switch to under a duvet on the sofa at some point. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great on the Romainian edtion of Good Fairies. Lovely cover! I'd buy you a beer too, if I was there....

    And I agree that does sound like a fine Easter, tho I also agree you may prune....Books. Bath. Bed. Tv. Ah, yes...Easter!

    (And don't get me started on the Fairy Money of Credit Cards...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:38 pm

    i have also made several non money transactions w my parents credit card. shhhh. hahaha. happy easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this cover. It is great.

    Have fun with the Manga!!! It sounds delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:10 am

    LOL! the cover is really beautiful!!! and I envy your Easter!A__A

    ReplyDelete
  7. Manga driven Easter went well, though I did take Hageltoast's advice and switch to the couch for some serious reading. And really, it was too cold to leave the house.

    ReplyDelete