Sunday, May 04, 2008

Another Week

My Playstation2 is becoming increasingly erratic. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It's so annoying. I suspect the universe is sending me a message.

* Stop playing video games and write something instead *

Hmm. No, I don't think that's the message.

* Get rid of your old console and buy a Playstation3 *

Yes, I think that might be what the universe is trying to tell me. If only these machines weren't so expensive.

I did read recently about a dating agency for really rich women. Apparently these female millionaires can have trouble meeting suitable boyfriends and husbands, so this agency finds men for them. Possibly I should put my name forward as suitable partner.

* London Author. Will be quite happy if you buy him a PS3 and leave him alone. And maybe a box set of Buffy DVDs too. *

But a man last seen wandering round the supermarket wearing cut-off army trousers, sandals, and a Sunnydale High School t-shirt, who's apparently not shaved for five days, may not be the dream target for rich women. I would just embarrass her at social functions.

The supermarket had run out of rhubarb crumble. It was the first crumble disappointment for some time, and I felt quite gloomy about the whole thing. Arrived home with soup instead, but could not raise any enthusiasm, for the soup or anything else. But will hopefully be revived later in the day, when Arsenal are on TV.

Really I need a new Buffy comic. It seems like a long time since the last one. They don't come out frequently enough. I blame these lazy comic artists, who are probably sitting around playing video games when they should be working.

5 comments:

  1. I think if these rich women read your books, they will love you forever.

    Have you ever heard Lorraine Bowen's Crumble Song? You might enjoy it....I've seen her shows in London and one in Canada, she's rather wonderful fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ho god ...

    do u like videogames ? or do u simply play PES all the time ?

    anyway I am in the right position to propose an exchange, games Vs thraxas comics
    :-D

    Greeting from Italy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:02 pm

    The food shop at the end of my street has developed some rather alarming psychic skills. It picks up my mental vibes of what I want to buy for dinner/snack etc and by the time I get to the end of the road and into the shop it has invariably sold out of that thing - and *only* that thing. Boo and also hiss.

    Stubby

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want playstation3 too XD if i found you a rich woman can i play at videogames with you?!?XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't heard of Lorraine Bowen before, but I just tracked down the crumble song on the internet - http://www.lorrainebowen.co.uk/CD_Shop/MIX-2_Crumble.mp3 - and it really made me laugh, I thought it was a fine song.

    I guess any of any sort of partnership between me and a rich woman would be doomed to terrible failure. Though if you do find me one, Punkista, you can definately come and share the PS3

    Not that I play video games all the time. But more than I should, probably, when there are plenty of other things to do.

    ReplyDelete