Friday, February 13, 2009

More Tomb Raider, and Snow

London has recovered from last week's snowfall. It wasn't that much snow, really, but it did seem to cause a lot of travel chaos. Hah. In Scotland, I used to walk a long way to school, in worse snow than that. My school never closed for the snow. Children would struggle in, drenched and frozen, and lay their coats over the radiators to dry them out, before struggling home through the snow again. That was common in winter.

Am deeply involved in new Tomb Raider game, Tomb Raider Underworld. I'm enjoying this, though it's a little buggy, but that might be my aging PS2. But I have a nagging feeling my PS2 version isn't as good as the PS3 version. It's probably simplified. Oh well, I'm enjoying it anyway. Lara rides a motorbike into Valhalla, and you can't ask for more than that.

I was sad about the death of Lux Interior, lead singer of the Cramps. I really loved the Cramps. I saw them several times in London, last time at the Brixton Academy. They were great live, and Lux was a terrific frontman.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:12 pm

    Great blog Martin. i have some articles you may be interested in. I also love games and i am so glad you love games. i wish everyone loves games. You can download all my games for FREE. Sure hope you enjoy.
    http://encyclopedia-magazine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just been exploring FabLo's new site - love your intro ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:06 am

    The snow seems quite benevolent compared to the weather we've been having down here at the other end of the planet. Roaring, enormous bushfires down south and floods up north. Many, many homes and lives have been destroyed.
    "I love a sunburnt country,
    A land of sweeping plains,
    Of ragged mountain ranges,
    Of droughts and flooding rains..."
    But maybe not all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw all the news reports Anita, it looked really terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Llanrwst makes these shit games noting. I have fights there and sex this game is not real life.

    ReplyDelete