Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Stamps / Germany

I don't think I've ever bought any special stamps before. My personal history is entirely stamp-collecting-free. But I did just notice these, advertised for release today. Mythical stamps from the Royal Mail. Featuring fairies, dragons, and other things. I would quite like to have these stamps.



Hmm. How high up the geekiness scale would it be to buy a sheet of stamps because they feature fairies and pixies? Quite high up, I imagine. Well, I'd still like them. Examination of the Royal Mail website reveals that there's a presentation pack with writing in it, by Neil Gaiman. I will investigate in the local post office, and see if they have them.

Lonely Werewolf Girl has now been published in Germany, by Fischer, under the title of Kalix. Werwölfin von London. Here it is at the publisher's website and at amazon.de.

I have a few copies of this book. I'll sign one of these and give it away free to the first person from Germany to say they want it. Just leave a reply here, and then email me your address.

12 comments:

  1. More than just fantastic creatures! They were painted by Dave McKean and they are gorgeous. So much so that I have preordered a few packs even though I KNOW I will never use them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the german book is still available, I'll take it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last year they did stamps of posters from classic British films. The 72p was Carry On Screaming, featuring Kenneth Williams.

    It's normally *the* old queen on stamps, but I think they could run a whole series puting other old queens on there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. TeichDragon, I'll send you the German book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. /me does a happy dance...

    Actually I wanted to buy the book anyway but forgot to put it on my list. And a signed edition is much much better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If it makes you feel better, I am buying the presentation pack, and I live in America and have to pay extra P&P to have them sent to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:02 am

    Really cool stamps, but wished they had you doing the write up about them. Neil is great too, and no offense to him but I like your ideas about mystical creatures better. Nothing wrong with being a geek!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thyay are gorgeous! Think of it as buying affordable art. There are more paintings in the presentation pack, too..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2:05 pm

    verdammt, zu spät :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful stamps and wonderful cover!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. To late für the signed Book?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry, the book has gone.

    ReplyDelete