Monday, July 13, 2009

French Book

The French edition of The Good Fairies of New York - Les Petites Fées de New York - was published recently, and I have some copies from the publisher, Éditions Intervalle. Again, I'll sign one of these French copies and give it away free to the first person from France to say they want it. Just leave a reply here, and then email me your address.

I have many foreign editions of my books lurking on my shelves, I should give away more of them. Or actually organise myself to sell them from my website. I also have some spare sets of the Lux and Alby comic, which I've been meaning to put on sale for years. However I haven't got round to it. I'm hopeless at getting round to doing things. Though I am skillful at sitting on the couch watching TV. There is nothing at all wrong with my TV watching technique. I can also handle a whole stack of Buffy the Vampire Slayer comics with enormous skill.

Brighten up your reading experience! Who would not enjoy one of these knitted cat bookmarks? There's no point denying it, you know you'd like one. From knitted toys.blogspot

15 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:52 pm

    Oooh I want it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, Saintless. (Are you French?) Email me your name and address and I'll post you the book. (you can email me from my website at martinmillar.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, crap. any books in Italian you're just itching to give away, by any odd twist?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really did like the Lux and Alby comic book I've read over at Lorraine's, so if you have spares to sell, I am all for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a French godson, who NEEDS this in his life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anton1:43 pm

    Martin, are there any plans of issuing Lonely Werewolf Girl in Russia? Is there any point in hoping and waiting?
    And has Lux the Poet ever been published in Russia? I don't seem to find any information about it either in Google or on your website.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry Donna, I don't think I have any Italian books to spare. Also, sorry Andrew, someone beat you to the French book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Flat hat (that's 'chapeau plat' in French)7:56 pm

    Hello Martin
    just in case it didn't work out with Saintless - I'd really like a copy !
    If the offer's still going I'll send you my address ... if not, guess I'll just have to go an' buy one.
    Not such a bad idea come to think of it ...
    Much love to you an' yours (an' theirs too),
    Flat hat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dang! Never mind, I will buy it for him when he can read a bit better. May come back and pester you to sign that one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anton, I don't know about Lonely Werewolf Girl in Russia. I imagine my agent will have been in touch with Eksmo, who published some of my books there, but I haven't heard anything about it. (Perhaps you could email Eksmo, demanding the publish Lonely Werewolf Girl)

    Flathat, hope you are well. Sorry the book has already gone. But yes, it would be good if you bought a copy in France!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous6:50 pm

    Hiya Martin! Very hot here. I have two fans blowing on me, and it's still not enough. Great to see you last week. Great smile!!!

    Love xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Gail, it was great to see you! It's raining here now.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahh, little kittens. How cute.

    Congratulations on your French edition. I love the Lux and Alby comic. You should definitely sell them. Especially after all that methodical organisation of them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know. I should get round to it. I seem to have some sort of mental blank. Or a bad case of laziness, maybe.

    These are nice kittens! I'm glad you like them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous2:37 am

    I got the book in the mail today. I'm SO excited! Thank you so very much! :)

    ReplyDelete